Salary up to £81,612
Closing date is Friday 14th September 2018
The vision of the Durham Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner is “County Durham and Darlington areareas where all communities are safe, victims and vulnerable people feel supported, crime and reoffending are low, and people have confidence in policing and the criminal justice system”. As Chief Executive for the Office of the Durham Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner, you would play a leading role in achieving that vision.
You will lead a team responsible for setting the budgets, the strategic direction and objectives of Durham Constabulary through the Police, Crime and Victims’ Plan, holding the Chief Constable to account on behalf of the people of County Durham and Darlington, and commissioning services that support victims, reduce reoffending, and keep communities safe.
You will support our Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner(PCVC) in the development of our policies, strategies and plans to reflect our aspirations, influencing regional and national government officials, senior stakeholders and partners on matters of local policing, criminal justice and victim services. You will play a key role in developing the organisation and turning our objectives into reality.
To succeed in this role, you will need proven leadership and influencing skills, an intellectual curiosity and a sharp analytical mind which enables you to challenge the status quo and build evidence-based, deliverable policies. You will evidence the ability to form excellent working relationships with politicians and officials, finding solutions to challenging situations and communicating effectively to a range of audiences. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is committed to supporting the delivery of better outcomes for residents across County Durham and Darlington.
For further details please visit www.gatenbysanderson.com/job/GSe45354 or contact Luke Judd (0113 205 6077) or Gary Evans (0113 205 6080).
Community Engagement Assistant
Scale 3 £18,123 - £19,317 per annum
Closing date is Friday 7th September 2018
The Durham Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner is looking to fill the vacancy of Community Engagement Assistant.
In this role you will provide a support service to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCVC) and his staff team, focusing on engagement and consultation activities, community intelligence and events.
The successful candidate will assist in the coordination and development of the Community Day & PCVC event programme, plan and develop consultation related to the policy areas of the PCVC and assist in the development of the PCVC media and marketing campaigns and to develop marketing materials.
For further details of the role and to find out how to apply please click here.
Digital Media Assistant - Internship (12 months)
Salary £18,500 pa
Closing date is Friday 7th September 2018
The Durham Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner is looking to fill the vacancy of Digital Media Assistant Intern. In this role you will provide a service to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCVC) and his staff team, focusing on digital media, media monitoring and production of a published reports and other written products.
The successful candidate will be innovative, creative, and self-motivated demonstrating a positive can do attitude and strong attention to detail. A key requirement of the role will include the ability to circulate a summary of relevant press coverage to colleagues before 8.45am each morning.
For futher details of the role and to find out how to apply please click here.
(Closing date has now passed):
- Integrated Offender Management (IOM) Mentor (Closing date 20 April 2018)
- Independent Custody Vistors (Closing date 14 April 2018)
- Principal Private Secretary (Closing date 18 March 2018)
- Independent Audit Committee Members (Closing date - 04 March 2018)
- Policy and Accountabilty Intern (Closing date 21 January 2018)
- Criminal Justice Programme Lead - Durham and Cleveland (Closing date 17 February 2017)
- Criminal Justice Programme Officer - Durham (Closing date 17 February)
- Commissioner’s Officer for Offending and Justice - Cleveland (Closing date 17 February)
- Criminal Justice Performance Analyst - Durham and Cleveland (Closing date 17 February)
- Policy & Accountability Officer (Closing date 30 January 2017)
- Programme Manager: Domestic Abuse Transformation (Closing date 6 January 2017)
- Engagement & Media Assistant (closing date 14 October 2016)
- Director of Collaborative Legal Services (Joint between Cleveland, Durham and North Yorkshire - closing date 10 August 2016)
- Police Misconduct Panels - Legally Qualified Chairs (LQC's) (closing date 25 October 2015)
- Head of Policy and Communications (closing date 28 August 2015)
- 2 x Business Administration Apprentices (closing date 28 August 2015)
- Communications and Engagement Co-ordinator (closing date 14 July 2014)
- 2 x Business Administration Apprentices (Closing date 18 April 2014)
- Chief Of Staff (Closing date 14 March 2014)
- Chief Constable (Closing date 10 January 2013)
Vacancies within Durham Constabulary
To view any recruitment vacancies for Police Officers, Police Staff or Special Constables, visit the Durham Constabulary website.