TEMPORARY CHIEF EXECUTIVE– OFFICE OF THE DURHAM POLICE, CRIME AND VICTIMS’ COMMISSIONER – POLICE HQ, AYKLEY HEADS, DURHAM
Salary: £75,174 per annum
In extraordinary circumstances, a unique development opportunity has arisen to support Acting Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner (PCVC) Steve White in the temporary role of Chief Executive for a 12 month period.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Acting PCVC who is also the substantive post holder to provide dynamic and inspirational leadership and management to the OPCVC, and to be a visible and influential leader with community safety and criminal justice partners. You will enable the Acting PCVC to carry out all of his statutory functions to an exceptionally high standard, including community engagement, planning and reporting, complaints handling, good governance and police accountability and you will build and nurture partnerships at senior levels across the community safety and criminal justice landscape in order to support the achievement of the Acting PCVC’s objectives.
The opportunity is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract basis or via secondment from any PCC Office, police force or local authority. Seconded applicants must have Chief Officer (or equivalent) support for a duration of 12 months.
Applicants are invited to complete a 500 word expression of interest on their knowledge, experience, skills and abilities and why they are relevant to the role. Please forward your expression of interest along with your Chief Officer support to email@example.com by 1st May 2020.
If you are interested in this exciting development opportunity please contact Acting PCVC Steve White on 0191 375 2001 to arrange an informal discussion.
Please click here to view the full job description/person specification.
(Closing date has now passed):
- Criminal Justive Performance Analyst - The Offices of the Durham and Cleveland Police and Crime Commissioners (4 October 2019)
- Graduate Internship - Policy and Accountability Officer (10 May 2019)
- Chief Constable at Durham Constabulary (12 April 2019)
- Policy and Accountability Officer (20 March 2019)
- Cleveland Police and Durham Constabulary Joint External Ethic Committee Members (26 October 2019)
- Chief Executive (14 September 2018)
- Digital Media Intership (7 September 2018)
- Community Engagement Assistant (7 September 2018)
- Integrated Offender Management (IOM) Mentor (Closing date 20 April 2018)
- Independent Custody Vistors (Closing date 14 April 2018)
- Principal Private Secretary (Closing date 18 March 2018)
- Independent Audit Committee Members (Closing date - 04 March 2018)
- Policy and Accountabilty Intern (Closing date 21 January 2018)
- Criminal Justice Programme Lead - Durham and Cleveland (Closing date 17 February 2017)
- Criminal Justice Programme Officer - Durham (Closing date 17 February)
- Commissioner’s Officer for Offending and Justice - Cleveland (Closing date 17 February)
- Criminal Justice Performance Analyst - Durham and Cleveland (Closing date 17 February)
- Policy & Accountability Officer (Closing date 30 January 2017)
- Programme Manager: Domestic Abuse Transformation (Closing date 6 January 2017)
- Engagement & Media Assistant (closing date 14 October 2016)
- Director of Collaborative Legal Services (Joint between Cleveland, Durham and North Yorkshire - closing date 10 August 2016)
- Police Misconduct Panels - Legally Qualified Chairs (LQC's) (closing date 25 October 2015)
- Head of Policy and Communications (closing date 28 August 2015)
- 2 x Business Administration Apprentices (closing date 28 August 2015)
- Communications and Engagement Co-ordinator (closing date 14 July 2014)
- 2 x Business Administration Apprentices (Closing date 18 April 2014)
- Chief Of Staff (Closing date 14 March 2014)
- Chief Constable (Closing date 10 January 2013)
Vacancies within Durham Constabulary
To view any recruitment vacancies for Police Officers, Police Staff or Special Constables, visit the Durham Constabulary website.