Text Only
Accessibility Options
Default Text Size icon Large Text Size icon Largest Text Size icon
Skip Content Skip Content

Durham Police predict further budget cuts

Durham-Constabulary-Crest

Durham Police predict further budget cuts

Ron Hogg, Durham Police and Crime Commissioner, has said that he expects the Force to make further cuts in the numbers of officers and staff over the coming years.

He said: “the Force has to save approximately £5million over the next two financial years.  The Government may take more money off the Force to give to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.  This will inevitably make it more difficult to police Durham and Darlington.

“We have responded well to the Government cuts so far but it is getting increasingly difficult to continue to deliver this high level of service.  The Chief Constable and I have been committed to delivering the best service possible within Government imposed spending constraints.

“We are working hard with our partners to try and save money by collaborating more and manage down demand and I wish to thank our partners for their support.  I also wish to thank the officers and staff of Durham Constabulary for continuing to protect our neighbourhoods and communities during these very challenging times.”

Posted on Tuesday 5th November 2013
Share this
 
 
 
Powered by Contensis